Friday, May 1, 2009

Marine Vs. Papa Roach

Last night was one of the funniest nights I've spent with my marine. We had gone to sleep around 11 because he has a drill weekend he had to be up at 8:30 for a midterm exam. I got up around 12:30 to use the restroom and my roommate runs into the bathroom screaming theres a COCKROACH in our room. I turned to her half asleep and asked why she didn't wake up my boyfriend and have him deal with it. She keeps going on about how it was crawling on our tv's. I explained to her there was nothing to be afraid of. I should be more afraid considering I'm very allergic to cockroaches. I went back to my room and went to sleep... I woke up a few minutes after she left and saw a HUGE cockroach on the wall next to the tv. I tell my marine "baby get up a cockroach is on the wall... you have to get it out of the room. I'm allergic!" He wakes up goes relax you'll sleep with a marine in your bed but not a bug? I yell at him to kill it. He grabs his steel toed timbs and hits the roach. It was still alive and I told my boyfriend to kill it! I started to practically cry because I don't want to be living with a roach in my dorm room. He says get your stuff we're going to my room.. Beth can deal with the roach. He goes to get my epi-pen and my allergy pills and puts in his contacts. As he's getting my phone and a few other things he sees the roach and screams HOLY SHIT THATS A HUGE FUCKING BUG! I told him to kill it lets go to his place. He's helping me get into my clothes as he sees the roach scramble out of the room. My marine, whose been through boot camp, who rides a motorcycle and was in Iraq last year, the man who thinks he's tough s**t screams, throws his timbs and runs in the opposite direction of the bug. I stand there laughing my a$$ off, I couldn't help it. The man who goes on about how tough he is, just ran away from a cockroach. Well he ended up coming back and finding it against the wall opposite to my door. He yells "die bitch!" and killed the cockroach. I have never seen him scream or freak out, but it was well worth it to see a marine scream and run away from a bug. After his war with the roach, we got back into bed and he started to make movements like he was a dead cockroach. It was quite amusing to see how quickly he switched from heavy duty marine to scaredy cat! I thought it was nice to see how civilian he really is sometimes... Especially considering after all of this crazy stuff I asked him if it would be possible for me to see him off when he leaves for Iraq in Sept and if I would be able to pick him up when he comes back in march/april. It made me happy to have him say I want you here when I come home! Photobucket *remember I myself am a Marine Girlfriend, I respect all Marines, Army and Navy. I respect that all these young men and women are fighting in countries so I can live safely. I do not wish to offend anyone!*

No comments:

Post a Comment